Downtown Baltimore, Maryland Points of Interest
The 501 is located on West Franklin Street, which is considered to be the northern border of Downtown Baltimore and is sometimes referred to as the Seton Hill neighborhood. In recent years, this area has seen significant growth in terms of apartment complexes, restaurants and shops geared toward urban professionals and students. This neighborhood is close to the University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland Baltimore Graduate Campus, MICA and the University of Baltimore and John Hopkins University. Downtown Baltimore is bikeable and has excellent public transportation. Here are some key points of interest:
- University Square Park, Urban park with brick walkway, plantings, ample benches, tables and nearby food trucks.
- Parkway Theatre - Independent theater with historic architecture and a lounge.
- Le Mondo -Multi-use art space comprised of a theater and artist studios.
- St. Mary’s Seminary Chapel - Oldest neo-gothic style church in the United States.
- Restaurants - There are many restaurants, coffee shops and bars within the Downtown Baltimore neighborhood. Here are just a few:
- Restaurante Tio Pepe, 10 E. Franklin Street (Spanish cuisine, including tapas)
- The Helmond, 806 N. Charles Street (Afghan cuisine)
- Thai Mekong, 340 N. Charles Street (Thai cuisine)
- El Guapito, 110 W. Mulberry Street (Mexican cuisine)
- Kool Beanz Coffee Bar, 315 W. Madison Street (coffee and breakfast sandwiches)